1. Data Controller
The data controller of this website is the Malta Hotels and Restaurants Association (MHRA) whose head office is situated at 2, Gallina Street, San Gwann, Malta.
2. Collection of Information and purpose
When you visit our website the following information will automatically be processed and this solely for the use of Malta Hotels and Restaurants Association (hereinafter referred to as MHRA) in the administration of this website and to improve the website's usability:
· The requested web page or download;
· Whether the request was successful or not;
· The date and time when you accessed the site;
· The Internet address of the web site or the domain name of the computer from which you accessed the site;
· The operating system of the machine running your web browser and the type and version of your web browser.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that a website asks your browser to store on your hard disk. All cookies are set with expiry dates, to establish how long they may reside on your browser. Generally, cookies are removed automatically after the lapse of the expiry date, but they can also be removed manually by the user.
This website makes use of session cookies, which are temporary cookies used to give you access to the content of the website. These cookies are set to be deleted once you close your browser.
You may find all the necessary information on how to make the necessary configuration settings by visiting the following site: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies. Disabling the cookies of this website will not affect your browsing experience.
Personal data provided by the data subject
When using this website’s online ‘Contact us’ facility, data subjects are required to provide their name, surname and e-mail address for contact purposes. All information provided in the ‘Get in touch’ form will be solely used by MHRA and its staff as may be necessary to provide you with the feedback to your message. MHRA shall ensure that any disclosure of such data shall be carried out in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
3. Personal Data Protection Information and Consent to Process Data
Legal basis and purpose of processing
No personal data is collected by MHRA. The data collected by MGTIL (hereinafter ‘the Corporation’) through this website shall be data purely necessary to be used for Statistical Analysis and Analytics:
- Statistical Analysis: We may perform statistical analyses of user behaviour. In this statistical analyses, we will disclose information to third parties only in aggregate form, meaning any process in which information is gathered and expressed in a summary form, for purposes such as statistical analysis. Personal information about you as an individual will never be provided to any third party without your consent.
4. Links to other Web Sites
5. Transaction Security Policy
This site uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure secure transmission of your personal data. You should be able to see the padlock symbol on the right-hand side of the status bar situated at the top left-hand corner of the browser window. The URL address will also start with https:// depicting a secure webpage. SSL applies encryption between two points such as your PC and the connecting server. Any data transmitted during the session will be encrypted or scrambled and then decrypted or unscrambled at the receiving end. This will ascertain that data cannot be read during transmission.
Any comments or suggestions that you may have and which may contribute to a better quality of service will be welcome and greatly appreciated. You can contact us by using the ‘Contact Us’ form available on our website.